The Outreach, Justice, & Advocacy Team (OJAT) exists to oversee all ministries, groups, projects, and events of Southwood United Church (SWUC) that are focused on social action in the wider community. This includes:
- Identifying needs and issues affecting our communities, our city, and the world at large;
- Facilitating discernment in the congregation about what needs or issues SWUC is being called to address;
- Creating parameters and budgets for Working Groups to operate within;
- Commissioning short- and long-term Working Groups to carry out the initiatives;
- Promoting involvement in outreach, justice, and advocacy initiatives;
- Supervising the ongoing work of the congregation in the areas of outreach, justice, and advocacy (OJA).
Interested in serving on this Team? Download the full Team description/Terms of Reference below and/or contact email@example.com to put your name forward!